High Energy Laser Lethality Conference 2007
19-23 March 2007
In Cooperation with the
High Energy Laser Lethality Technical Area Working Group
The Fourth Annual High Energy Laser (HEL) Lethality Conference assembled scientists and engineers interested in High Energy Laser (HEL)
weapon lethality. The HEL Lethality Conference objective is:
(1) to use the forum as a means to inform the HEL community and potential HEL Weapons implementers of the
latest findings regarding lethality work, and
(2) to continue to cultivate synergism between the HEL communities to effectively
transition Directed Energy Weapons to the warfighter.
|Photo courtesy of Monterey County CVB
The lethality of 100kW class lasers was highlighted at the 2007 Conference. The HEL Lethality
Conference was conducted at the Secret level, and attendance was limited to U.S. citizens only.
Sessions were held at the Naval Postgraduate School.
- Technical presentations and poster papers
- Invited speakers
- Short courses
- Evening reception
- Attendance restricted to U.S. citizens with security clearances
- A Conference making up the DE Systems Symposium
Information about the previous High Energy Laser
Lethality Conferences is available.