The Ultrashort Pulse Laser Workshop is the DEPS annual forum for ultrashort pulse laser technology, science,
and applications. The goal of the meeting is to enable an enhanced understanding of the existing state-of-the-art
in ultrashort pulse laser science and technology and its potential applications for National Security. The
workshop is intended to allow cross agency information exchange on the immerging ultrashort pulse laser
technology for security and defense application. Other application areas of interest to the broader
research and industrial communities are also included. The workshop provides a unique opportunity from
diverse communities to interact with leading scientists in ultrafast, ultraintense science and technology.
Some presentations may be at the Limited Distribution or Classified levels.
2014 Workshop Highlights
- Plenary presentations
- Invited & contributed technical presentations & posters
- Public release, limited, & classified sessions
- Ultrafast Lasers: Chirped Pulse Amplification for the 21st Century
short course, presented by Sterling Backus and included with your UPL registration.
- Ample networking opportunities
- Open House hosted by KMLabs, Inc., Boulder, CO
- Public release & limited distribution proceedings on CD
- Co-located with SPIE Laser Damage Conference
The agenda for the workshop can be viewed here. Changes did occur.
Location and Accommodations
Technical sessions of the Ultrashort Pulse Laser Workshop were held at the National
Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) in Boulder, Colorado.
|Fees & Options
Through 25 Aug
Through 15 Sept
Your registration includes attendance at technical sessions, a copy of the proceedings,
and breakfast snacks, lunch, and break refreshments. Registrants may
join DEPS for $40 at registration and qualify for membership registration fees. Note that some technical
sessions are likely to be restricted; only qualified registrants will be allowed to attend such sessions.
Registration is no longer possible for this event.
Persons requesting cancellation through 25 August will receive a full refund. Cancellations after 25 August
are subject to a $100 cancellation fee. There will be no refunds after 12 September.
Unclassified, public release proceedings of the workshop will be published on CD and mailed to all attendees. See our
Online Store for proceedings from previous Ultrashort Pulse Laser Workshops, held
as part of our Advanced High Power Lasers meetings. Limited Distribution proceedings are optional for attendees who qualify.
Call for Papers
Contributions were solicited for presentation at the Workshop in the topic areas listed below. The Workshop
committee selected presentations based on the submitted abstract.
- Ultrashort Pulse Laser Technology
- High intensity ultrafast lasers.
- Ultrashort pulse fiber lasers.
- Ultrashort pulse mid-IR laser sources
- Novel ultrashort laser sources
- Nonlinear effects produced in materials
- Ultrashort laser-induced plasmas
- Ultrashort laser-induced particle generation
- Ultrashort Pulse Laser Physics
- New Nonlinear Phenomena
- Continuum Generation
- RF/THz Generation
- Ultrashort Pulse Laser Bio-Effects
- Ultrashort Pulse Laser Interaction with Cells and Tissue
- Ultrashort pulse propagation in biological materials
- Opto-Genetics using femtosecond lasers
- Quantum Biology
- Ultrashort Pulse Laser Applications
- Atmospheric Propagation Studies
- Remote Sensing
- New Defense Applications